Acton Comprehensive Plan Implementation Committee
FEBRUARY 3, 2010
A. ROLL CALL – 7:00
Members present: Thomas Cashin – Chairman
John Moore – Vice-Chairman
Members absent: Virginia DeBoer
January 27, 2010 – The Minutes of the January 27, 2010 Minutes were reviewed and amended. They were put on file as it was a workshop and a quorum was not present at that Meeting.
C. OLD BUSINESS
Continued Work on Article 5 – State and Committee Revisions in the Shoreland Zone – At this time, the Committee continued reviewing the work on the amendments to the Shoreland Zone contained in the July 2, 2009 version of the Acton Zoning Ordinance while referring to the State of Maine’s Guidelines for Municipal Shoreland Zoning Ordinances.
The work this evening began on page 69 and ended at page 87 and will be continued at the Committee’s Meeting of February 18, 2010.
1. A Motion was made and seconded to retain the language in Article 5.8
6.1.b.d.4 – Mineral Exploration and Mineral Extractive Industry on page 10 beginning “any topsoil…” and ending with “… should be protected from erosion”. Moore/Meyer – Unanimous.
2. A Motion was made and seconded to amend Article 5.9.b
6.2 on page 70 to read as follows:
“WATER USES FOR AGRICULTURAL AND PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL USES ARE EXEMPT FROM THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION”.
Moore/Meyer – Unanimous.
3. A Motion was made and seconded to reinsert Article 5.8 on page 84 regarding Mineral Exploration and place it after Article 5.8
6.1 – Mineral Exploration and Mineral Extractive Industry on page 66. Moore/Meyer – Unanimous.
4. A Motion was made and seconded to revise the last three sections of Article 5.13. Moore/Meyer – Unanimous
(MY NOTES FOR THE ABOVE MOTION ARE NOT AS SPECIFIC AS THE OTHER MOTIONS. GOING TO ARTICLE 5.13 DIDN’T CLEAR IT UP AT ALL. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO CLARIFY THE ABOVE MOTION NEXT TIME WE MEET. THANKS.)
D. NEW BUSINESS
There was no new business.
A Motion was made and seconded to approve payment of the following statements:
1. Statement from Anna Williams for services rendered during the month of December, 2009 in the amount of $161.80; and
2. Purchase Order in the amount of $49.95 for reimbursement of printer ink cartridges.
Meyer/Trafton – Unanimous.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.
ANNA M. WILLIAMS,