APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
AMENDMENT OF MINUTES OF JUNE 25, 2009: On a motion by Larissa the minutes were amended to note the changed payroll form applies to Road Commissioners, Transfer Station and Fire Department.
SIGNING THE WARRANT: Approved and signed.
(a) CABLE COMMITTEE UPDATE: Carol Long reported they are working on editing software and hope to be on the air with filming by July 26. A Kickoff celebration is planned for July 25. Next meeting will be Saturday, July11 at 9 am.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) MEET WITH ROAD COMMITTEE: Dennis noted that the Road Committee will need to begin evaluating the private roads which have road associations in light of the new state laws that allow towns to offer some assistance. Road Associations will need to come up with a 5 year plan. A new list of the current associations that have been formed needs to be created .Paul Poyant asked if the Town reverts back to plowing and sanding camp roads.. Pam said the new state law does not pertain to winter maintenance. Karl said there is a 90 day window for appealing the FEMA Flood Zone.The Selectmen, Code Officer, Planning Board and SMRPC need to come up with what areas are incorrectly mapped. Jack Kelly stated his concern with parking on 13th Street during Acton Fair relative to access by emergency vehicles.
(2) DISCUSS CONSTABLE APPOINTMENT: Larissa read two e-mails from Jillian Locke and one from Pat Hannon and her response to them. The Constable has neither police powers nor the authority to carry a weapon.He is paid to post warrants. In the case referred to by the e-mails, Selectmen hired the Constable and paid him $25@ for attendance at three meetings and $100 for attendance at Town Meeting because they felt it was necessary for public safety. He was paid out of the Selectmen’s miscellaneous account.
(3)AWARDTOWN HALL REPAIR BID: Tabled until next week.
(4) Vote for MMA VICE PRESIDENT: Selectmen voted for Sanford Town Manager Mark Green.
(5) FINANCE COMMITTEE UPDATE: Debbie Rix reported the following assignments: School, Debbie Rix and John Moore; Town Hall, Debbie Rix and Karl Hodgdon; Roads, Roger Roy and Karl Hodgdon; Fire and Rescue, Elias Thomas and Debbie Rix. Social Services will be discussed in January. The committee plans to meet the 4th Monday of each month.
(6) APPOINTMENT of FIRE/RESCUE COMMITTEE: The following were appointed to a committee to try work out Acton Ambulance/ rescue problems: Linda Whitman, Harold Smith, Denise DeAngelis, Elias Thomas, Debbie Rix, Tony Cogliandro, Larissa Crockett, Robert Mann, Stan Smith, Sharon Anderson and Ed Walsh They are to meet on Thursday, July 9, 7 pm.
(7) OPEN LETTER IN SMART SHOPPER Larissa reported she had discussed why the Potting Shed liquor license was not subjected to a public hearing with Mr. Hannon. She has checked with the Fire Marshall’s Office and they have approved Palladino’s plan of action to correct deficiencies. She also has copies of the State Police and Sheriff Department reports with no complaints. She cannot deal with past actions taken by the previous Board of Selectmen. MMA advises it is the Selectmen’s decision whether or not to conduct a hearing. Some persons present felt a reply should be in Smart Shopper. Others advised against replying at all. Debbie Rix feels a hearing for a liquor license should always have a public hearing.
(8)RENOVATIONS IN TOWNNCLERK’S OFFICE: Counter top will be lowered to desk level at a cost of $318.
(9) GENERATOR BID: Table to next week.
Asst. Fire Chief Peter Smith announced that Ed Walsh will be Interim Fire Chief as of September, 2009.
6. MEET WITH ROAD COMMISSIONERS TO ESTABLISH RATES 9 am Friday
MEET FRIDAY 8 AM REMOTE ACCESS CAPTURE
MEETINGS: MOUSAM LAKEASSOCIATIONJULY 25 9AM
7. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long Larissa Crockett.
8. OTHERS PRESENT: Patti Dutil, Barbara Seckar, Carol Long, AL and Linda Peterson, Roger Roy, John Moore, Karl Hodgdon, Petey Smith, Pam McAlinden, Cindy Hart, Jack Kelly, Richard and Lois Michaud, Paul Poyant, Ed Walsh, Debbie Rix, Stan Smith, Betty Mann, Richard ham, Irene Kerrigan, Chip Venell, Lorraine Yeaton