Tony requested a moment of silence in memory of former Town Treasurer Catherine Harding, who passed away on Tuesday, October 13. Catherine served from 1987 to 2005, having to resign from her duties as treasurer to care for her husband during his illness.
1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved as written.
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.SIGN WARRANT: Approved and signed.
(a)Cable Committee Update: No report.
(b) Road Committee: Jack Kelly reported they will be returning the counting equipment to the State on Tuesday. The State will give us a report on the resulting traffic count.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. GYM COMMITTEE: Cheri Smith turned in a report from the committee. Tony said he does not believe the selectmen can give them a 10 year contract because there could be other needs the Town has for use of the building. Other than that, the report looks good. Selectmen appointed Gail Boisvert to serve on the gym committee.
2. RESIGNATION OF CINDY HART FROM ROAD COMMITTEE: On a motion by Dennis, Cindy’s resignation was accepted with regret. Lorraine is to note in her column that there is a vacancy on the Road Advisory Committee and ask Jennifer to put it on the web site and the TV site. Karl Hodgdon has been appointed as chairman to replace Cindy.
3. REQUEST FOR WAIVER OF FEE FOR CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT: On a motion by Dennis the fee for a Conditional Use Permit for the Acton Congregational Church to install a sign was voted.
4. SIGN MUNICIPAL VALUATION FORM: The 2009Municipal Valuation Report was signed. Tony thanked Lorraine for the hard work involved in completing the report.
5. DAVID WINCHELL: David reported that he and Scott are currently putting up the winter sand pile.
6. D-6:On a motion by Dennis, it was voted to accept the offer of David Winchell Sr. to house and maintain the D—6.6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Larissa reported the Maine Revenue Service is coming to the Town Hall Monday, Oct 19 from 5 to 7 pm to discuss exemptions.
Tony reported that Selectmen have received notification of a suit being filed under Maine Tort Claims Act on behalf of Patrick Hannon against the Town of Acton,
Karl said there should be a policy about Selectmen disposing of property without consulting. Larissa said this was about the fact that after the selectmen had voted to charge the Mousam Lake committee for a set of maps, she gave them a discarded set of 2007 maps, that were old and tattered. Karl said maybe some other Lake Association would like to have the maps of their area. Larissa said she was sure the Mousam Lake group is willing to share the pages they are not using.
7. ADJOURNMENT:Adjourned at 7:30 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Chip Venell, Wayne Ham, Robin Ham, Ed Walsh, David Winchell Jr., Melanie Brow, Scott and Holly Mooney, Betty Mann, John Moore, Paul Poyant, Ethan Currant, Karl Hodgdon, Roger Roy, Dolores Lopez, Andrew Cogliandro, Cheri Smith, Gail Boisvert, Brian Cochrane Patti Dutil, Bob Anderson, Lorraine Yeaton