2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved with the addition of 4. (b) and 5. (4).
3.SIGN WARRANT: Approved and signed.
(a)Cable Committee Update: The new phone will be installed next week.
(b) Road Committee: Tony asked Karl to have the Road Committee discuss the recent letter from Buzzell Road and make their recommendations to the Selectmen.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. POLICY FOR ONE SIGNER ON TREASURER’S PAYROLL AND BENEFITS WARRANT: On a motion by Dennis a policy allowing one Selectmen, in the absence of the other two, to sign the payroll and benefits warrant only, was signed. Also, Tony said because of a recent incidence of a threatening dog in the building, the Selectmen have made a policy that no animal(s) be permitted in any part of the Town Hall unless permission is granted by the Board of Selectmen. This policy does not pertain to service dogs. On a motion by Dennis this dog policy was signed. Lorraine is to get a sign put up in the hall.
2. APPOINT SACORIVER CORRIDOR COMMISSION ALTERNATE MEMBER: On a motion by Dennis, William Todd from Raccoon Road was appointed.
3. ROAD COMMISSIONERS: Dist. 1 Scott Mooney, Dist 2 David Winchell: Scott was not present.David reported that the new signs were all up except two.It was noted that the new signs are bigger but this is what the regulations call for. He is currently grading the dirt roads on Peck and Goding. Lorraine is to call Scott and ask him to move the blue Lakeside Drive sign to the H Road entrance.
4. TOWN CLERK’S LETTER: Larissa read a letter from the Town Clerk thanking the staff and election workers for their hard work and cooperation. 1027 ballots were cast requiring the ballot clerks to work into the wee hours of morning. The election results were reported.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Dennis noted that it was good to see such a large turnout for the election. The wide margin by which the Zoning questions were approved showed him that the re-vote was justified. Also, since selectmen had not included the full amount for excise tax in the budget, the vote on the excise tax will make money available to cover in case of short falls.
Larissa thanked all who have contributed to the holiday pie project. They will be baking next week.
Town Offices and Transfer Station will be closed on Wednesday, November 11.
Not all reports are in for the Town Report. Lorraine is to notify them that any report not submitted by December 1 will not be included. This yearsTown Report will be dedicated to Richard Ham.
Karl asked for a moment of silence in remembrance of those who lost their lives at FortHood.
7. ADJOURNMENT:Adjourned at 7:53 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Karl Hodgdon, David Winchell Jr., Mike Conway, Ed Walsh, Patti Dutil, Carol Long, Cassie Sinks, John Moore, Bob Anderson, Holly Mooney, Virginia Deboer, Brian Cochrane, Scott Dunham, Lorraine Yeaton.