2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.WARRANT: Approved and signed.
(a)Cable Committee Update: No report. Richard Michaud asked if any money has been paid to cable committee members. Tony said cable committee members have been reimbursed for purchases made and in some cases, mileage reimbursement. Michaud asked if he could get a printout of what has been paid and Tony said he can.Michaud asked where the money for a new director is coming from and Tony said it will be paid out of the franchise fees. Metrocast has estimated the Town will receive an estimated $36,000 - $38,000 next year.
(b)Heating System: Dennis reported that Karl had picked up heat diverters for the Town Clerk’s office. He and Karl sealed up around the front doors to reduce drafts. Dennis said there is a big draft in the clerk’s office that he plans to address. Selectmen may put an electric heater in the Town Clerk’s office and in the TV Studio. Senecal has ordered a new part for the furnace in the Town Hall and the heater in one of the bathrooms is being repaired.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1.REPLACE XEROX MACHINE IN LORRAINE’S OFFICE: The copier gets high usage and has been jamming badly lately. Dennis and a new one will increase payment by $20 per month but will have a lesser charge for number of copies made. Tony agreed that the copier needs to be replaced. Dennis will ask the Town Clerk to contact Xerox and order a new copier.
2. VOTE TO CLOSE OFFICE S ON SATURDAY BECAUSE OF INCOMING STORM: Predictions are for a possible 3 foot storm on Friday into Saturday. Selectmen decided to close the office on Saturday, so that the public may be notified in advance.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Tony noted there is an ordinance that prohibits parking on the road during snow removal times. Lorraine reported Maine Municipal Association, through their publication, Maine Times, this month addresses the fact that municipalities cannot, as a general rule, be held liable for accidents caused by snow or ice. She included this information plus she reprinted the Town of Acton’s policy on mailboxes and the ordinance on parked vehicle in her news column this week.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:24 pm.
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Brian Cochrane, Andrew Cogliandro, Davis Winchell Jr., Chip Venell, Karl Hodgdon, Ed Walsh, Richard Michaud, Carol Long, John Moore, Lorraine Yeaton