1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved with the addition of County Budget under New Business.
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved with the correction of spelling the name Mike Perro.
3.WARRANT: Approved and signed.
(a)Cable Committee Update: Carol Long reported they now have permission to film activities at the school. Because Brian Cochrane has been filming several times a week, Patti Dutil will film the parent-teacher basketball game. Carol noted there is still a need for volunteers willing to do filming. There is a series of firemen training type films coming soon. Richard Michaud thanked selectmen for the information he had received on expenses for the cable committee. He asked when the position that has been compensated was created. Tony said the selectmen had voted to compensate a committee member for the exorbitant amount of work she had done. Dennis noted that he had neither spoken on the subject nor voted on it. Michaud asked for a copy of the franchise, which he was given after the meeting.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. WARRANT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE’S RECOMMENDATIONS ON FIRE TRUCK ARTICLES: Dennis reported they met with the Warrant and Finance Committee which approved all three of the following articles. To see if the Warrant and Finance Committee will approve the Selectmen’s decision to authorize the use of $5,000 from the General Fund toward the purchase of two used fire trucks. To see if the Town will vote to appropriate $7,500from the General Fund toward the purchase of a used fire truck and a used forestry truck. Said $7,500 to be appropriated to the Fire Department Account. To see if the Town will authorize the selectmen to credit money received from the sale of surplus Acton fire trucks, to replace the $7,500 previously appropriated. Any excess money received to go into a Capital Equipment Account. On a motion by Dennis, selectmen voted to use $5,000 from the General Fund toward the purchase of the two used fire trucks. Chief Walsh thanked the Warrant and Finance Committee for their quick and affirmative action. He also thanked David Winchell Jr. for emergency welding he did for the fire department.
2. RICHARD MICHAUD ON GENERATOR: Michaud reported installation of the generator should be complete by next week.
3. COUNTYBUDGET: Larissa reported on a letter received from John Sylvester, chairman of the County Budget Committee. A meeting is scheduled for January 20. Dennis Abbott will be representing the York County small towns. We are asked to submit our opinions on level of increase. Both Dennis and Tony stated they do not endorse any increase, flat funding only. Chip Venell noted that they are already trying to keep to flat level funding. The problem is the decrease in revenues. There will be a public hearing in February.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Dennis announced the date for the Town meeting for budget validation will be April 6 at 7 pm. April 13 will be voting on the budget validation referendum.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:37 pm.
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Richard Michaud, Ed Walsh, Doris Nevison, John Moore, Patti Dutil, Delores Lopez, Brian Cochrane, Andrew Cogliandro, Karl Hodgdon, David Winchell Jr., Peter Smith, Carol Long, Roger Roy, Ethan Current, Chip Venell, Tom Cashin, Lorraine Yeaton