1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved with the addition of New Business 4.Road Committee.
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.WARRANT: Approved and signed.
4.OLD BUSINESS: None
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. CHIP VENELL - PLANNING BOARD MEMBER: Three people have expressed interest in the open position of Planning Board Alternate member. Selectmen will review these names.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION FOR DEPUTY TREASURER: Tabled until next week.
3. HODGDON – WARRANT AND FINANCE: Karl stated that the board had recently met to discuss pre-budget information. The meeting was very informative and every one is working together well.
4. ROAD COMMITTEE: The Road Committee has approved the Special Projects budget as requested by Road Commissioners. Tom Cashin has asked Karl for information that the Road Committee prepared relative to Buzzell Road. The secretary of the committee will be bringing this information to the Selectmen.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: John Moore reported he has attended all the school budget workshops.This year’s budget is 6.2% higher. When he asked about the Selectmen’s request to reduce by 3%, they claimed no knowledge of the request. They have placed a freeze on all non-contractional salaries.
Tony noted that the municipal budget is coming in either at level funding or decreased. This is necessary because of the economic times we now facing – the worst in our lives.
Dennis reported he had met with the all the departments except the Conservation Committee and he thanks them all for their cooperation.
Tony thanked the Road Commissioners for how well the winter maintenance has been done. Very few citizen complaints have come in.
Karl stated he feels the Town Hall needs to have a name and phone number for whom to call when people suffer disasters. He said a woman wanted to donate clothes to the family recently burned out but could not find out their sizes.
Dennis thanked Larissa for organizing the Yoga classes to which 30 residents are attending.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:40 pm.
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Jack Kelly, Bob Anderson, Karl Hodgdon, Dean Knight, Roger Roy, Ed Walsh, Chip Venell, Ethan Current, John Moore, Brian Cochrane, Andrew Cogliandro, Scott Mooney, Lorraine Yeaton, Carol Long.