2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.WARRANT: Approved as written.
4.OLD BUSINESS: . Cable Committee Report: None. Dennis expressed appreciation to Teddo, Carol and Scott for the recent work they did to improve the cable presentations.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. DONATIONS: Larissa said an account needs to be set up in the budget accounting line to deposit donations and allow use of donations for the gym and for the “Owl’s” luncheons. Dennis said the Town meeting needs to vote to establish the gym account. Tony said the luncheon monies should not be in the Town money because it is not a Town authorized committee or department. 2. WAIVER OF FEE: On a motion by Dennis it was voted to waive the building permit fee for René Stephans, whose home was destroyed by fire earlier this year.
Jim Crowley asked why the gym is not available to townspeople since it is paid for by the taxpayers. Also, does the Town insurance cover users of the gym if they get hurt? Larissa said that users must sign waivers of damage when they enroll. There is not enough gym equipment or space in the building to accommodate everyone. The exercise equipment was purchased by a fire department grant. The Town does pay for the heat and electricity.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Public Hearing for Liquor License April 15, 7 pm.Dennis announced that the Warrant and Finance Committee will be meeting on Monday night and urged voters to attend. If everything on the warrant passes we may be looking at a $400 increase in taxes on an average home. Larissa said she believes it will only be a $200, based on 18 cents per 100,000. She said she will recheck her figures.Dennis asked Lorraine to remind Town Hall users that they are responsible for leaving the place clean. He received a complaint about food left in the sink.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:32 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Ethan Current, Jim Crowley, Holly and Scott Mooney, John Moore, Roger Roy, Jack Kelly, Bill Gannon, Brian Cochrane, Andrew Cogliandro, Dolores Lopez, Patti Dutil, Doris Nevison, David Winchell, Chip Venell, Karl Hodgdon, Lorraine Yeaton