1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved with the addition of 4.(b).
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.WARRANT: Approved and signed.
a. Cable Committee Report: Carol reported the school has a camera that the committee can possibly use and students could be trained to use. The committee is researching the purchase of a second camera but they can be quite costly. The web site is being worked on with Teddo. Tonight Lindsey Senecal is receiving training on the camera from Andrew.
b. Road Committee Report: Karl expressed thanks to Bill Gannon for his efforts in attempting to get information from the MDOT. Larissa reported she had met with a MDOT representative relative to the cemetery and had been told Acton’s roads are on the B list, so if the B list ever gets funding, we will be considered.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. LETTER FROM LEBANON SELECTMEN:Selectmen from Lebanon plan to gate their end of the Hebo Hybo road because it has become a dumping place and they asked that Acton consider gating our end. Dennis suggested we contact owners to see how they feel. On a motion by Larissa it was voted for Lorraine to send a letter to all abutters.Roger Roy suggested that Mousam Valley Snowmobile Club and ATV Club be asked to share the expense.
2. FITNESSCENTER: Dennis announced the Fitness Center has been inspected by the CEO and is ready for reopening.Gail Boisvert was thanked for all the effort she hasput into getting things done. On a motion by Dennis it was voted to reopen the Fitness Center.
3. WARRANT ARTICLES: The warrant articles have been received from the school. We will have the referendum articles checked to make sure the wording is correct.
4. APRIL SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH: Tony reported the Governor has requested that April be named as Sexual Assault Awareness Week. Tony read his proclamation for the Town of Acton and on a motion by Dennis, the proclamation was accepted.
5. LETTER FROM BILL LOTZ: Tony read a letter from Bill Lotz in which he criticizes Tony and Dennis. Tony said he does not know what this is about. Dennis said he called Lotz and was told that Lotz was disappointed that they had been cutting budgets this year. Dennis said that this is not true, and that Mr. Lotz had been misinformed. They have accepted the roads, transfer station and fire department budgets as submitted plus allowing extra requests for each department.
6. EMA RESIGNATION – APPOINTMENT OF REPLACEMENT:Tom Gore’s resignation was accepted with regret and Lorraine is to send a letter of thanks to Tom for his past services rendered. Ed Walsh was appointed to finish out Tom’s term.
7. DEMOLITION DEBRIS PERMITS: Dennis reiterated that permits are available now, but will be required by June 1.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Nomination Papers are available March 12.
Warrant and Finance Committee meets Monday, March 15, 6pm
Larissa announced the next senior free luncheon will be Wednesday, March 24 followed by a presentation by Harold Smith on his recent trip to Haiti.
Carol Long spoke about Community Development grants and volunteered to help if the Town decides to apply.
Dennis thanked the Road Commissioners for the good job they have done this winter.
Paul Poyant asked about the deferred payments mention last meeting. Denis explained that the Selectmen had asked all departments to hold payment of non-essential bills until enough taxes come in to increase our cash flow.
Ed Walsh announced that the York County Fire Fighters had honored our Assistant Fire Chief, Petey Smith, last night,for 27 years of service
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 8:16 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long , Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Andrew Cogliandro, Lindsey Senecal, Rey and Delores Lopez, Bill Gannon, Scott and Holly Mooney, David Winchell Jr., Than Current, Ed Walsh, Robin Ham, Paul Poyant, Carol Long, Pam McAlinden, Karl Hodgdon, Patti Dutil, Roger Roy, Tracey Scully, John Moore, Chip Venell, Petey Smith, Joe Ruma, Tom Cashin, Lorraine Yeaton