2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
4.OLD BUSINESS: None
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. AWARD AUDIT BID: Cherri Smith reported that she had done extensive research on both bidders. References from Limerick statedMowrey showed inability to work with the Trio system (which the Town of Acton uses). All references for RTH Smith were positive. On a motion by Dennis, it was voted to accept the Smith bid.
2. APPOINT BALLOT CLERKS: The following were appointed until June 30, 2012: Robert Anthony, Maureen Doddrell, Pam McAlinden, Charles Hefferon, Anita Buttrick,Marita Lowell, Estelle Gore,Richard Ham,Patricia Mucciaccio, Don VanSinderen, Richard Grohocki, Susan Mrazik, William Lotz, Tina Gagnon, Jane Archambeault, Alan Peterson, Marian Elliot, Clarence Langley, Ann Germon, Nancy Deans, William Deans, Virginia DeBoer,Michael Conway, Sheila Conway, Walter Scott, Robert Anderson, Monica Marino, Cheri Smith, Robert Gore. Jennifer Roux was appointed as Warden and Carl Litchfield and Margaret Anthony were appointed Deputy Wardens.
3. COUNTY TAX BILL: Tony read a letter from the County Commissioners asking Acton to pay their county tax early if possible because of budget constraints. Larissa made a motion to pay by October 16. Dennis amended it to October 22. The motion as amended was so voted.
4. DAVID WINCHELL JR.: David reported he has installed culverts, completed one FEMA project, swept out salt shed, patched hole at shed and plans to pave the entrance. Dennis suggested looking into installing gate for the summer months.
Rey Lopez asked about the school’s ability to broadcast on cable. Carol noted it is part of the long term plan to so. Channel 25 is available. Tony said he discussed this with Brian Beeler when we were first launching APAT. Carol noted that the school has a camera but the need for volunteers to film events is a problem.
Karl asked the status of the parcel of land that was offered to the town. Larissa said she had talked with the owner and informed her that donating to Three Rivers land Trust would bring her a higher federal tax credit and advised to look into it.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Tony reported thatthe Selectmen have held 48 meetings during which 174 votes taken were 3-0; 6 votes were 2-1 with Larissa voting in the negative; 2 votes were 2-1 with Dennis voting in the negative; Tony abstained from voting once and Dennis abstained from voting once.
7. ADJOURNMENT: The meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Brian Cochrane, Andrew Cogliandro, Joyce Winchell, Pam McAlinden, Jack Kelly, Rey and Dolorous Lopez, Karl Hodgdon, John Moore, Barbara Seckar, Mariann Elliott, Doris Nevison, David Winchell Jr, Scott and Holly Mooney, Patti Dutil, Bob Anderson, Carol Long, Ethan Current, Bill Gannon, Phil Gannon, Ann Germon, Judie Shain, Ted Kryzak, Cheri Smith, Jeremie Winchell, Jim Driscoll, Andy Brazier, Dick Neal, Jeanne Achille, Lorraine Yeaton.