2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
4.OLD BUSINESS: None
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. LETTER FROM WAKEFIELD ADVISORY BOARD: A letter has been received asking for our cable committee to work with Wakefield’s cable program. Carol Long will be meeting with Wakefield to discuss this.
2. OPEN BIDS FOR LAND SALE: The only bid received was from Randy and Dawn Jacques for Map 137, lot 10, for $250.00. On a motion by Dennis, the bid was accepted.
3. TOM WORSTER REQUEST MEETING WITH SELECTMEN FRIDAY, 10 AM:
4. RESULT OF SALT BIDS: Through the Greater Portland Council of Government, a bid of $57.65 per ton has been received from Eastern Salt Company. Selectmen will pass that information on to the Road Commissioners.
5. MASS GATHERING PERMIT: Lou Twohearts was present requesting a permit to hold an All VW Car Show at the Acton Fairgrounds on Sunday August 1 .He presented a check for $100 for the fee, proof of insurance and met all the other requirements. On a motion by Dennis the permit was granted.
6.TREASURER CHECK REQUEST: Town Clerk Jennifer Roux requested a check for mailing 30 day notices. On a motion by Dennis the check was authorized.
7.EMPLOYEE AGREEMENT: Selectmen have created Employee Pay Agreements for all office employees. On a motion by Dennis, Selectmen signed the agreement.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Larissa announced the OWLS will meet for lunch on June 23 with a speaker from the Cancer Center in Sanford.
The Town Hall Offices will be closed at noon on June 30 to allow for closing the books.
Dennis said he was elected one year ago and has enjoyed his time in office. He feels he has accomplished a lot while here, namely, generator installed at school, Town Hall repairs, he fought for the purchase of fire trucks, supported the Warrant and Finance Committee, supported cross training of office personnel, kept the Town from having to borrow money this year. He has been upset and hurt by lies told about him accusations of wrong doing. He wishes Ted Kryzak the best of luck.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:40
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett.
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Al and Linda Peterson, Ann Germon, Brian Cochrane, Andrew Cogliandro, Flo Sera, Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Doris Nevison, Lou and Ahblahnah Twohearts, Andy Brazier, Joe Ruma, Patti Dutil, Mary and Scott Stanton, Paul Poyant, Cheri Smith, Carol Long, Marie Cashin, Karl Hodgdon, John Moore, Delores Lopez, Bob and Debbie Anderson, Dean Knight, Judie Shain, Linda Capristo, Bill Gannon, Lorraine Yeaton