2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN: On a motion by Ted, it was voted to postpone election of a chairman until a full board is present. In the interim, Larissa will act as moderator.
2. NOMINATION PAPERS AND ELECTION DATE FOR NEW SELECTMAN: On a motion by Ted the following was statement was signed by the Selectmen: Pursuant to Title 30-A, Section 2528, Sub-Section 4-E, we hereby vote to shorten the availability and filing deadline of nomination papers for the office of Selectmen, Assessor, and Overseer of the Poor, term expiration 06/30/2011.It is hereby ordered that nomination papers are available in the Town Clerk’s office beginning at 9:00am on Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 and must be filed with the Town Clerk no later then 4:00pm on Friday, July 16th, 2010.It is further ordered that such election shall take place on Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 beginning at 8am and that absentee ballots shall be available no later 9:00am on Tuesday, July 20th, 2010.
3. VOTE FOR MEMBERS OF MMA LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE: On a motion by Ted, it was voted to cast votes for Larissa Crockett of Acton and Douglas Hawkins of Parsonsfield to be elected to the Maine Municipal Association Legislative Policy Committee.
4. APPOINTMENTS: On a motion by Ted, Ed Walsh was appointed Fire Chief for one year and Virginia Deboer was appointed to the Comprehensive Plan Implementation Committee for one year.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Dennis Long asked what the fund balance was and Larissa reported that it is not yet known and that the auditor is currently working on the figures.
Dennis also asked that a letter of thanks be sent to Andrew Cogliandro for the work he has done with filming on APAT.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: DOT notified the Town this week they will be replacing Balch Lake Bridge sometime between July and September, 2011. The road will be closed for two weeks.
Invitation for Selectmen to attend Great East Lake Improvement Association Annual Meeting July 10, 2010 at 10am at Week’s Park. Larissa will be attending Wilson
Lake Association meeting that date and Ted and Lorraine will attend GELIA meeting.
Ted announced that the School Committee is looking for someone to replace Ted, who has resigned, for the next year. Letters of interest should be sent to Judie Shain.
Larissa reported the OWLS will meet for coffee and conversation on July 14 at noon at the Town Hall.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:10pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Bill and Sandi Shields, Doris Nevison, Brian Cochrane, Betty Mann, Ethan Currant, Sophia Current, Debbie and Steve Casey, Carol Long, Dennis Long, Elaine and Peter Beck, Flo and Jim Sera, Karl Hodgdon, John Moore, Andy Brazier, Rey and Delores Lopez, Cheryl Carpenter, Dick Weymouth, Cheri Smith, Bill Lotz, Judie Shain, Bob Anderson, Ann Germon, Paul Poyant, Bill Gannon, Linda and AL Peterson, Dick Neal, Scott Mooney, Nancy and Joe Ruma, Tom Cashin, Jim Driscoll, Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Lorraine Yeaton