2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
4.OLD BUSINESS: ASYCC DONATION: Selectmen have paid $11,000, one half the amount owed, this week. They will pay the remainder when the cash flow is better.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. COMP PLAN PRESENTATION: Tom Cashin made a brief presentation for the first in a series of discussions of the Comp Plan Implementations changes in Zoning which they hope to have voted on in November. Tom thanked the committee and their secretary for the work they have done. Jamie Oman Salt-Marsh of Southern Maine Regional Planning Commission reviewed a few of the changes relative to undersized lots of record and 30% expansion.
2. APPOINTMENT OF TREASURER: On a motion by Ted, Michelle Rumney was appointed Treasurer. This is a 3year appointment for 25 hrs per week, effective August 1, 2010.
3. OPEN BIDS FOR TAX ACQUIRED PROPERTY ON 13TH STREET: Only one bid received. Bid for Map 143 Lot 20 was awarded to Mark Evans for a bid of $320.
4. OTHER BUSINESS: Barbara Seckar announced Candidate’s Night for August 3 at 7 pm and Picnic at the Mary Grant Preserve on August 7, from 1pm to 3 pm. The Sam Page Roadwill be closed from noon to 3pm from Acton Corner to the Mary Grant Preserve and on the other end, from Route 109 to the Nason Road.
Barbara called Big Daddy’s and complained about the sign message, and it is now gone.
Dennis Long noted he had asked three weeks ago what the fund balance is and still has had no reply. Cheri said the auditor said they will have a rough estimate next week.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Picnic at Mary Grant Nature Preserve Aug. 7, 1-3
Candidate’s Night Aug 3 at Town Hall:
1 RoomSchoolReunion at Acton Shapleigh Historical Building Aug. 8
OWLS luncheon July 28
Absentee ballots are now available
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:48 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett and Ted Kryzak
9. OTHERS PRESENT : Elaine and Peter Beck. Jack Kelly, Bill Shields, Barbara Seckar, John Moore, Rob Meyer, Bob Anderson, Chip Venell, Flo and Jim Sera, Dick Neal, Brian Cockrane, Tom Cashin, Dennis Long, Bill Gannon, Jamie Oman Salt-marsh, Nancy and Joe Ruma, Cheri Smioth, Ethan Currant, Judie Shain, Tracey Sculley, Lorraine Yeaton.