2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.WARRANT: Previously signed.
4.OLD BUSINESS: (1) IRS LETTER: Larissa read a memo from Treasurer Michelle Rumney explaining that there is no penalty because the report was filed within a timely manner.
(2) SIGN APPOINTMENTS: Selectmen signed the appointments for the Policy Review Committee members named last week.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. ELECTION OF A CHAIRMAN: On a motion by Ted, Larissa Crockett was elected chairman.
2. ROLE OF ROAD COMMITTEE: Larissa read the duties of the Road Advisory Committee from the January 28, 2002 Town Meeting Minutes and from the Elected Officials Manual relative to Selectmen’s authority over Road Commissioners. She noted that the Road Committee is advisory to Road Commissioners and have no authority. Lacking a charter or policy, selectmen can only act as a road authority in the cases of dereliction of duty by the Road Commissioners.
3. GOING LIVE ON CHANNEL 26: Ted stated that some people have asked that Selectmen’s meetings be televised live, but he feels strongly that until we have enough volunteers to do filming , we should not make that move.
4. CHANGE SELECTMEN’S MEETINGS TO 2ND AND 4TH THURSDAY: Selectmen have decided for the time being,to meet just twice a month.
5. COMMITTEE & BOARD LIASON: Selectmen have divided responsibility as follows: Larissa, Road Committee, Planning Board, ZBA, Conservation Committee, Assessing-revaluation; Ted, Warrant and Finance Committee, Cable, Forestry, School Committee; Bill, Rec Dept., Fire Department, Transfer Station, General Assistance.
6. TAX COMMITMENT: Copies of the computation and the revenues used for offset were distributed to those present. Larissa explained each and showed how the tax rate of $10.95 was arrived at.
7. OTHER BUSINESS: Karl Hodgdon asked to see the MMA memo relative to not maintaining the lower end of Buzzell Road. Ted asked him to submit a written request.
Dennis asked that Selectmen recognize accomplishments of an individual. He will furnish more details.
Barbara Seckar reiterated her request that Selectmen’s Meetings be televised live.
Elaine Beck asked about the money from the State that is supposed to come to us as the result of becoming a “Donut Hole”. Ted said this money has not yet been received but the application is in the works. The Town will not plan to use it until and if we receive it.
Marian Elliott said she was tiered of one person monopolizing the podium with the same old stories.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:58 pm.
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Ed Walsh, Ann Germon, Elaine and Peter Beck, Paul Poyant, Barbara Seckar, Brian Cochrane, Holly Mooney, Rey and Delores Lopez, Bob Anderson, Sandy Shields, Dennis Long, Karl Hodgdon, Al Petersen, Nancy and Joe Ruma, Andy Brazier, Mike Mowrey, Bernard Yeaton, Jim Driscoll, Dick Neal, Lorraine Yeaton