2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) UPDATE FROM COMMUNITY ACTION: Brad Bowhon from York County Community Action was present and distributed information packets to Selectmen. He explained some of the services they have rendered to Acton residents and asked that Selectmen contact them if there are needs that are not being addresses adequately.
(2) PAUL POYANT QUESTIONS RE: WARRANT & FINANCE COMMITTEE ROLE:
Larissa read the Ordinance voted at Town Meeting, Article 55, 1986, relative to the duties of the Warrant and Finance Committee. Tom Chase and Bill Lotz, both former W & F Chairmen and long time members of the committee were present to answer questions. Paul Poyant, the present chairman had submitted a list of questions to the Selectmen. Larissa read the questions individually and they were discussed. Some points noted were “special” articles refers to those asking for the advice and consent of the W & F.It was suggested that the Selectmen and Warrant and Finance Committee should meet with the department heads together, at the same time, to discuss the proposed budgets.
(3) AMENDMENT TO THE FEE SCHEDULE FOR FAX REQUESTS: Larissa reported that FAXES requested by phone will cost $2 now.
(4) POLICY ON DAILY DEPOSIT PROCEDURE: On a motion by Ted, a new policy on Daily Deposits Procedure was signed.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Dennis Long expressed appreciation for the good job Road Commissioner Winchell did on
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: The Policy Committee will meet Thursday, September 30 at 6:30 pm
Selectmen are looking for volunteers for the Cable Committee since the resignation of the director.
Flu shots are being given at the Town hall on Wednesday, September 29 from 9 am to 11 am.
The OWLS will be taking a scenic boat ride on the Mt. Washington Oct. 14.
6. ADJOURNMENT: 8:15 pm
7. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
8. OTHERS PRESENT: Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Holly and Scott Mooney, Bill Lotz, Paul Poyant, Judie Shain, Roger Lewis and wife, Flo and Jim Sera, Dennis Long, Karl Hodgdon, Ethan Current, Virginia Shea, Andy Brazier, Brad Bowhon, Brian Cochrane, Chip Venell, Carol Long, Richard Michaud, Tom Chase, Percy Lowell, Peter and Elaine Beck, Sotis, Lorraine Yeaton