Larissa noted that in light of the happenings reported in the news of the far east, this week, we are fortunate to have our freedom of speech and right to dissent, guaranteed. She asked that no one use the forum at the Selectmen’s meeting as a platform to discuss elected officials. Please speak to the board first, to discuss any concerns you may have.
1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved as written.
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS:
(1)GRAVEL EXPENDITURE: The purchase of gravel Dennis Long asked about last meeting was made on June 23, 2010. Larissa was not present when the warrant was signed. The gravel is being stored off site.
(2)BUZZELL ROAD: Ted reported he has been looking at the Town Meeting tape which is being restored. Ted asked, at the Town Meeting, if action could be tabled and was told by Moderator Nass that because it was voted down, it could not be tabled. Ted also has been reviewing Selectmen’s meeting tapes and found that in August the MMA decision stating that the only action that could be taken would be to take it to court. The recommended solution is that a road association be formed, apply for grant money to bring the road up to standards so that the Town meeting can accept it.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) LINDA SCHIER FROM ACTON-WAKEFIELD WATERSHED ALLIANCE: Linda said she just wanted to bring the board up to date. She presented a report of the work done by the AWWA-YCC and their budget request for 2011. She introduced her staff member John Johnson.
(2) TOM CASHIN AND KEN PAUL WITH COMPREHENSIVE PLAN IMPLEMENTATION PROPOSALS: Ken reported they have removed some of the proposed Resource Protected areas. Ken made a presentation on screen of some of the proposed changes that he is suggesting for the land use chart and Section 3 of the ordinance. They will come back later and present Section 4.
(3) APPOINTMENT OF WARRANT & FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER: On a motion by Ted, Jim Driscoll was appointed.
(3)TRANSFER STATION POSITIONS: Larissa announced that contrary to rumors, Irvin Pillsbury was not fired, He resigned/retired as his own decision. Roger Lewis was fired by the owner of the compactor which is leased by the town. The Selectmen have decided to eliminate the positions of manager and supervisor and hire an on-site superintendent and will be advertising the position. They hope the changeover will be completed by March.
(4) APPOINTMENTS: Jennifer Roux was re-appointed as Registrar of Voters until Dec 31, 2112
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Barbara Seckar reported on the chair project and that the Mary Grant Committee is working on toilet facilities.
Dennis Long said the Town Hall floor looks very nice.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Ted reported the Town Hall floor had received 3 coats of finish and in May will receive another 2 coats. Nancy noted a new rug in the front hall would help maintain the finish.
Larissa reported she is on the MMA Legislative Policy Committee. If anyone has an opinion or suggestion relative to proposed legislation, please let her know.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields.
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Bill Lotz, Scott Mooney, Chip Venell, Dennis Long, Gloria and Wayne Pillsbury, Jack Kelly, Paul Poyant, Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, John Moore, Joe and Nancy Ruma, Rob Meyer, Tom Cashin, Ken Paul, Linda Schier, John Johnson, Ethan Current, Sophia Current, Michael Corey, Lorraine Yeaton