1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: The agenda was approved as written with the notation that articles 1 and 2 have already been discussed at public hearings this date, at and .
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: In answer to Dennis Long’s question from last meeting Ted reported “Yes,there will be two articles on the Town’s warrant, for the school. Roof repair and intercom.”
4. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) PUBLIC HEARING RE: FIREDEPT./AMBULANCE MERGER: Hearing held with about 40 persons attending.
(2) ACTION ON LIQUOR LICENSE: At the public hearing it was voted to request a copy of the lease agreement before making a decision, and topostpone action until next meeting.
(3) JACK KELLY: Jack expressed his displeasure with the selectmen’s poor decision relative to the Emery Mills Dam. He does not feel the decision to withdraw should have been made by three individuals. The Town Meeting vote was for the Selectmen to negotiate. It should have been brought back to the Town to be voted on. Bill Shields explained that their decision was based on what they felt was best for the Town. They asked Sanford for a 50-25-25 split of costs but Sanford would not compromise.
(4)) SIGN REPLACEMENT QUIT CLAIM DEED: A new deed was signedfor property on tax map 143, lot 20, that the Town had sold to the highest bidder but the purchaser had lost his deed.
(5) SIGNSCHOOL WARRANT: The School Warrant was signed.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Marian Elliott reported they have collected $500 so far on the chair purchase.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: March 26, Memorial Service at Congregational Church at for John Moore followed by fellowship and food at the Town Hall.
ActonElementarySchool Town Meeting April 5,, at the ActonElementary School
Voting for approval of adoption of the school budget April 12 at the Town Hall. Polls are open from to .
The school principal is still trying to recruit volunteers to work with children for 1 hour a day whenever they can. They may have a luncheon to try to encourage people to volunteer.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at .
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
9, OTHERS PRESENT: Judie Shain, Mary Stanton, Jeannette Bearse, Richard Michaud, Nancy Ruma, Joe Ruma, Jack Kelly, Paul Poyant, Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Virginia Deboer, Chip Venell, Jack Brogan, Robin Ham, Lorraine Yeaton