2.APPROVAL OF MINUTESOF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
1. ROAD COMMISSIONERS/GRAVEL: Ted reported the auditor has suggested the gravel inventory that is on the records for the pit on the school lot be removed and that Road Commissioners use the gravel, with thetreasurer to oversee the record keeping process. Also, that the $28,303.49 in the account be changed to a pit reclamation fund.
2. RESIGNATIONS OF ROBERT KANE FROM PLANNING BOARD AND NATALIE KANE FROM POLICY COMMITTEE: On a motion by Larissa, the Kane’s resignations were accepted with regret
3. APPOINTMENT OF GAVIN MALONEY TO PLANNING BOARD AS ALTERNATE MEMBER: On a motion by Larissa, Gavin Maloney was appointed to replace Kane as a Planning Board Alternate member.
4. ASSESSING: SUPPLEMENT GIBBS, - ABATE VENELL, MILLER, BAMBURY, HAM, BELL, ESPINOSA, BERUBE, NEEDLE -DENY ABATEMENTS FOR TAMILIO, FYRER. On a motion by Larissa, the supplement, denials and abatements were approved and signed.
5. MAINE DOT PAVING ROUTE109 FROM INTERSECTION OF ROUTE 11EXTENDING FOR 3.91 MILES NORTH: Bill read the correspondence received from the MDOT regarding the project.
6. EXEMPT KEN RIDOLFI$925.00FOR BUILDING PERMIT FEE: On a motion by Larissa, Ridolfi’s permit fees were exempted. He is replacing his home which burned this spring.
OTHER BUSINESS: Fire Chief Ed Walsh reported that Andy Brazier had opened the school as an emergency shelter for people to take showers and get water during the power outage due to the hurricane. Selectmen and Fire Chief agreed the policy should be to open the shelter anytime the town is without power for 24 hours. The tower on Blueberry Hill was discussed and the need to see if there is a possibility of a grant to get a generator for the tower. David Winchell Jr. reported he and Scott Mooney had stockpiled 3200 yards of salted sand for the winter road maintenance.
ANNOUNCEMENTS; Still need volunteers forCable Committee, and 3 alternate members of Board of Assessment Review Ted noted they are still looking for volunteers to tapeevents for cable tv. Committee members will train anyone interested and there is a $50 stipendfor events taped. The Acton gym is now offering a November to April membership for $80. Larissa reported she is adopting a small child within the next 2 weeks and will only be available by phone for a few weeks She will plan to attend the board meetings.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:29pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Larissa Crockett, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Chip Venell, Ed Walsh, David Winchell Jr., Sopia Crockett, Lorraine Yeaton