2.APPROVAL OF MINUTESOF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
1. BEAVER PROBLEMS: Bill Shields reportedWilson Lake citizens have reported problems with beaver dams blocking the Wilson Lake to Horn Pond outlet and plugging the culvert. Selectmen have contacted the State biologist who informed them that it is illegal to destroy a beaver dam. A licensed trapper must be contacted to trap the beaver.
2.SIGN AMENDED PERSONNEL POLICY:The only change was clarification in the holidays section, Article VIII, that employees will be paid for holidays providing the holiday falls on a day that is normally worked by the employee. On a motion by Larissa the amended policy was signed.
3. THANK STANTONS’ FOR NEW “OPEN” SIGN ON BUILDING: Ted expressed the appreciation of the selectmen to Mary and Scott Stanton for the new “Open” sign, to Nancy Ruma for the new curtains to conceal the voting booths, to Barbara Seckar and Marian Elliott for organizing the Veteran’s Day program and for their fund raising to purchase new Town Hall chairs, and to the Policy Committee for past and on-going work revising policies.
4. FIRST READING OF USE OF TOWN HALL FACILITIES POLICY: Bill read the policy which still needs more input. The major change is that a $50 refundable deposit will be required.
OTHER BUSINESS: None.
ANNOUNCEMENTS; Still need volunteers for Cable Committee, and 3 alternate members of Board of Assessment Review
Larissa read the following winter snow plowing policy: Public health and safety deem it necessary that the Road Commissioners and their crews keep the roads clear of snow to the outside edges of the shoulders of the roads, therefore it is of the utmost importance that all plowed rights of way within the Town of Acton remain clear of obstruction.It is the obligation of all owners and occupants of property within the Town of Acton to assure that no mailboxes, paper boxes, signs or similar structures obstruct plowed rights of way. Any such structures within a right of way exist there at the risk of the owner. Neither the Town of Acton nor the road crews are responsible for damage caused to the structures by the plow.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:20 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Larissa Crockett, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Chip Venell, Paul Poyant, Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Sophia Current, Lorraine Yeaton