2.APPROVAL OF MINUTESOF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
1. PUBLIC HEARING: The Public Hearing was opened by Ted who noted the hearing was to discuss two proposed Zoning changes regarding building codes. Larissa read the warrant. Ted opened the floor for questions or discussion. Hearing none, he closed the hearing.
2. RECOMMENDATION OF SELECTMEN FOR WARRANT ARTICLES AND SIGNING WARRANT:On a motion be Larissa, the articles were recommended to be approved as written and the warrant signed.
3. WAIVER OF FEES FOR TOWN HALL USE: Boat Safety classes, Girl Scouts, OWLS, Lions, Soil and Water Conservation, Acton Wakefield Watershed Alliance: On a motion by Larissa, the use fees for the above mentioned organizations are waived.
4. AMEND TOWN HALL USE POLICY: Larissa noted that the changes were word corrections and not policy changes. On a motion by Larissathe amended policy was signed.
5. FIRST READING OF APPOINTMENT POLICY AND DISHONORED CHECK POLICY: Larissa read the proposed policies aloud.
6. ABATEMENTS/SUPPLEMENTS: Deny abatements for Matthew Gondolfo,Michael & Michelle Breau, Jayson Summer. Supplement Karen Carbone $1,148.66 and Andrea Roberts 283.61. Abate Mark Dreana $419.20, David Smith $142.83, Henry and Florence Whicher $336.76, Daniel and Janice Whitney $1,759.03, Eileen See $981.34, Albert and Rosemary Hagen 131.40, Elwin and Ann Swicker $657.00, Thomas and Kathleen McGurty $870.78, John and Muriel Burleigh $711.40, Michael and Patricia Petersen, $318.92, Thomas Jordan $143.23,Blue Spruce Realty $ 111.70, Arthur Roberts $92.47, Peter and Sandra Baldry $504.80. On motions by Larissa the abatement denials, abatements granted and the supplements were approved. She asked that the Peterson abatement be withheld until she could confer with the CEO.
7.APPOINTMENT OF ALTERNATE MEMBERS, BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVIEW: On a motion be Larissa, Nancy Ruma and Robert T. Gore were appointed as alternate members of the Board of Assessment Review.
8. SIGN MEMORAMDUM OF UNDERSTANDING: Ted noted that by entering this Memorandum of Understanding with York County EMA and Incident Management Team, they will provide assistance and management to the Town of Acton in case of a large scale incident. On a motion by Larissa, the memorandum was signed.
OTHER BUSINESS: Paul Poyant reported there will be a budget workshop at the Acton Elementary School on January 24 and asked that those concerned with the school budget become involved by attending and asking questions. The Schedule for the budget workshops is on the school website.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Still need volunteers for Cable Committee, and 1 alternate members of Board of Assessment Review
Larissa reported a Tumble Time program is being offered at the Acton Fitness Center for children ages 2-5 years beginning February 1, from 9:30 to 10:30 am. There will be an organized playtime for 30 minutes, then children will go to the Acton Public Library for stories and crafts
9. ADJOURNMENT: The meeting adjourned at 7:43pm.
10. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Larissa Crockett
11. OTHERS PRESENT: Ken Paul,Paul Poyant, Percival Mark Lowell, Virginia Deboer, Jennifer Roux, Sophia Crockett-Current, Lorraine Yeaton