2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:Approved as written.
3.OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS: The Conservation Committee sponsored a poster contest to promote conservation in Acton and the following winners were announced and those present received their prizes. First place winner was Lilly Arbelo; Morgan Morrow and Kayli Howard were tied for 2nd place; Porter Bodkin, and Isabella Ferreira were tied for 3rd place, Jocelyn Ames was 4th place winner, and Amber Singleton was winner of honorable mention. Hannah Phillips, Wesley Ham and Bill Maloney of the Conservation Committee made the presentations. There were 23 submissions which will be on display at Town Meeting.
1. PUBLIC HEARING : The public Hearing was opened by the Chairman, Ted Kryzak, who noted it was to receive comments on the General Assistance Ordinance Appendices. Lorraine explained that the level of assistance eligibility has been reduced by 10% by the Maine Legislature. Housing assistance must be for the lowest basic coverage and have a time limit.There were no questions from the audience so the hearing was closed.
2. ADOPTION OF GENERAL ASSISTANCE APPENDICES: On a motion by Ed, the ordinance was signed.
3. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN: On a motion by Bill, Ted Kryzak was elected Chairman.
4. KEN PAUL RE: PERMIT FEES: Ken presented a new schedule of fee changes, which includedLake Association½ fee charge, a reduction of fee for tree removal in Shoreland Zone from $50 to $25, a reduction of fee for timber harvesting in SZorRPfrom $100 to $50, an increase in fee from $35 to $40 for mapping, a new fee of$35 for 911 addresses, a new fee for mechanical inspectionof $50, electrical $25, plumbing 20% above State fees, Revisions -$25 plus $4 per $1000 estimated cost, Removal of Stop Work Order $200, Transfer permit to another name ½ the original fee. On a motion by Bill, the fees were adopted.
5. APPOINTMENT OF CEO/LPI, Ken Paul; TREASURER, Michelle Rumney; TOWN CLERK, TAX COLLECTOR Jennifer Roux; FIRE CHIEF Peter L. Smith; ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER Frank Shippee: On a motion by Bill, the before mentioned were appointed.
6. RESIGNATIONS: Andrew Brazier and Richard Weymouth’s resignations from the Warrant and Finance Committee were read. On a motion by Bill the resignations were accepted with regret.
7. DESIGNATION OF DUTIES: Ted announced the Selectmen’s Committee liaison: Ed – Road Committee, Planning Board, ZBA, Conservation Committee, Forestry Committee; Bill – Rec Department, Fire Department, Transfer Station; Ted – Warrant and Finance, School, Assessing:
5. OTHER BUSINESS: None
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS:TOWN MEETING SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 9AM, AT THE ACTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Town hall and transfer station will be closed.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:22pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Td Kryzak, Bill Shields, Ed Walsh
OTHERS PRESENT: Chip Venell, Bob and Debbie Anderson, Paul Poyant, Sophia Crockett-Current, Lorraine Yeaton, Ken Paul