2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Dedication of Town Report: Ted read the dedication of the 2012 Annual Report to Lorraine Yeatonand she was also presented with a bouquet of flowers and complimentary reports.
b. Sign Order for Special Town Meeting: On a motion by Bill, an order was signed for a special Town meeting to be held on March 5, 2013 for the referendum question, “Shall the Town vote to change its Road Commissioner function from two elected Road Commissioner positions to one appointed Road Commissioner/Public Works Superintendent position, to be appointed by the Board of Selectmen and having a term of three years with said change to be phased in as follows: the newly appointed Road Commissioner/Public Works Superintendent shall oversee the Northern part of Town effective upon the 2013 annual town meeting and shall oversee the entire Town effective upon the 2015 annual town meeting, when the term of the elected Road Commissioner for the Southern part of Town expires, or immediately, in the event that the office becomes vacant prior to the expiration of said term?”
c. Merc/Casella Conditional Approval of contract: Because of the sale and discontinuance of the MERC plant, the Town will have to vote on a new contract for disposal ofour solid waste. On a motion by Bill, it was voted that the Selectmen give conditional approval of the contract..
d. Acton Ambulance letter: Bill read into the records, a letter that will be sent to the Acton Ambulance Associationstating the conditions to be met if the Towntakes over the Ambulance merger. On a motion by Ted, the letter was signed.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Paul Poyant announced a school budget workshop meeting will be held January 29. There are two vacant positions for alternate members and he hopes these will be filled.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Three vacancies on Mary Grant Committee, one Road Committee member, 1 member and 1 Alternate member of Saco River Corridor Commission, 2 Alternate Warrant and Finance Committee members.The Mary Grant Committee will meet on Saturday, February 2 at 10am at the Acton Town Hall.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:15 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields , Ed Walsh
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Chip Venell, Paul Poyant, Judie Shain, Peter Smith, Dennis Long, Dick Neal, Bob Anderson, Mary Waterhouse, Randy and Jennifer Goodwin and family, Jennifer Roux, David Winchell Jr., Eric Dawalga, Lorraine Yeaton