2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vision program at Acton Elementary School discussed by Principal Tricia Boivin: Trish showed a video presentation and also made a verbal presentation about the new trends in education and the need to move education in the right direction for these changing times. They will be holding a “Visions” meeting on March 18 at 6pm at the school and ask for those concerned to come to this meeting and bring their ideas and questions.
b. Sign Quit Claim Deed:On a motion by Bill, a quit claim deed for Adam Marcinkiewicz who has repurchased his property which was town-owned by virtue of expired liens was signed..
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Paul Poyant reported the Warrant and Finance committee will complete their review of the school budget on March 19, and will make their recommendations on March 26.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: One vacancy on Mary Grant Committee, 1 member and 1 Alternate member of Saco River Corridor Commission, 2 Alternate Warrant and Finance Committee members.
Nomination Papers for the June 11, 2013 election will be available March 15 at 9am in the Town Clerk’s office for the following seat: One Selectman, Assessor, and Overseer of the Poor- 3 year term; One Road Commissioner, District One (Northern) - 3 year term;One SchoolCommittee Member- 3 year term
Ted reported Pat Stevens has completed the work on the Library floor and did a good job .He noted that the one high place in thefloor in therear corner is the result of thecement base laid for the selectmen’s vault installed in the 60’s when the Selectmen used the north side of the building for their office.
Acton Ambulance Association has purchased a used ambulance from Shapleigh which they expect to get 5 years of usage from.
The Acton/Shapleigh York County Conservation Corp is looking for Acton/Shapleigh high school students, 16 year of age or older to work this summer. Deadline to apply is March 15th, 2013
There will be a rabies clinic at Aubuchon Hardware parking lot in SpringvaleApril 27 from 10am to 2pm.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:27pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields. Ed Walsh
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Paul Poyant, Chip Venell, Dick Neal, Judie Shain, Tricia Boivin, Mike Corey, Eric Dawalga, Lorraine Yeaton