2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: Update on flooding: New carpet, along with vinyl near the front downstairs door entrance has been installed. All of the cove base has been replaced in the offices and the meeting room.Fresh paint and drywall patching was also done around all work areas. The vault has gone through an over-all clean-out and every effort has been made to continue to preserve the old records.New waterproof containers have been purchased to move the older records into. Code Enforcement is back occupying their offices in the downstairs basement, although not completely unpacked yet, they are working diligently to reorganize. Ted expressed his appreciation to Jennifer Roux for all the work she has done.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Electricity at Mary Grant Nature Preserve: On a motion by Bill, it was voted to approve installation of electricity at the Mary Grant Nature Preserve. This will be at no expense to the Town and the committee will pay the monthly bill also, from the money they raised through fund raisers.
b. Winter Sand bids: Only one bid was received. On a motion by Ted, the bid was awarded to Turk’s Sand and Gravel for $5.72 per yard, delivered, contingent on meeting the insurance requirements.
c. Paving Bids:Bids received were F.R. Carroll, $76.70 per ton and Dayton Sand and Gravel for $71.75. On a motion by Bill, the bid was awarded to Dayton contingent on their meeting the insurance requirements.
d. Abatements: On a motion by Bill, Richard and Cindy Hart were granted an abatement of $399.60. They had been charged for 21 more acres than they own.
e. Roof rfp:Selectmen have sent out bid invitations for re-roofing part of the Town Hall and Library.
d. Appointment: On a motion by Bill, Brian Paul was appointed as a Deputy CFO/LPI until July, 2014.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Salt bids were discussed.We are part of SMRPC bid.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: SpecialTown Meeting for the fire truck repair begins at , after this meeting.
Town Hall will be closed on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 (Personal)
Town Hall will be closed on Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 (Training)
7. ADJURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at .
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields. Ed Walsh
9. Others Present: Jennifer Roux, Scott Mooney, David Winchell Jr., Frank Carroll, Dick Neal, Eric Dwalga, Lorraine Yeaton