- 2006- 9
SALUTE TO THE
1. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
Motion by Mr. Shields, seconded by Mr. Kryzak, to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried 2-0.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Motion by Mr. Shields, seconded by Mr. Kryzak, to approve the minutes as written. Motion carried 2-0.
3. DEPARTMENT HEAD / COMMITTEE CHAIR UPDATES
A. Road Commissioner: Scott Mooney, Road Commissioner of District One, informed the Selectmen that there is a nuisance tree in front of the Mary Grant Nature Preserve on
B. Director of Planning / Code Enforcement Officer:
1. Job Description Final Draft Approval – The Office Manager requested that Board Members sign the modified Job Description which was approved at the meeting of August 6th with the inclusion of 35 hours per week. Consensus of the Board Members was to defer signing the document until a full board is present.
2. Zoning / DEP Letter Update / W/F Draft: The Office Manager reaffirmed that the Board is still recommending the question as presented. The Warrant and Finance Committee requests that the Board review Mr. Gore’s draft. Mr. Kryzak stated that the Committee was asked to review the proposed article as it is and make a recommendation.
3. August 6 Public Hearing Recap: Mr. Kryzak stated that 363 voters approved two articles in June which indicates that they wanted a change in the Ordinance, therefore, in order to honor that vote, only one of the two will be retained and only those two articles will be considered. Mr. Paul reported that at the Public Hearing there was some confusion relative to the existing buffers within the Resource Protection districts which was the article that was defeated. He said that once that misunderstanding was cleared up, citizens that attended the Public Hearing seemed to embrace the subject better. The Office Manager expressed concern as to how she could convey to the Warrant and Finance Committee members that they must just consider their recommendations on the articles as presented. Mr. Kryzak confirmed that the Board has been working on this question since the Spring of 2014, many public hearings have been held, attorneys have been involved. The warrant that will be presented to the voters is the result of the Board’s efforts as well as those of the Planning Board and Warrant and Finance Committee and is the final chapter of the process.
4. Little Red Schoolhouse: Mrs. Roux reported that Attorney Lenkowski forwarded an email on August 11th in which he attached a proposed warrant article to amend the Zoning Ordinance defining “Historical Structures”. He believes that all concerned parties support the proposal and that it meets the concerns that Attorney Morin expressed in that the original question was not in compliance with the Comprehensive Plan. Tom Gore has requested that if the Board of Selectmen plans on including the proposed amendment on a special town meeting warrant, that they also include an article that designates the Schoolhouse as a historical structure. Mr. Lenkowski expressed concern that this might “open up a can or worms” as any other after-the-fact historical structure might also be damaged or destroyed. Dick Neal stated that he supports the amendment as proposed by Mr. Lenkowski. Mr. Kryzak made the motion that the proposed Zoning Ordinance amendment be forwarded to the Planning Board for consideration, seconded by Mr. Shields. The motion passed 2-0.
Mrs. Roux explained, in response to Mrs. Barrows’ question regarding the time frame, that the Planning Board will hold public hearings, the earliest of which would be September 10th or the 17th if they set a date at their next meeting on August 20th. Therefore based on criteria outlined in the Zoning Ordinance relative to Zoning amendments, the Special Town Meeting could not occur until mid-October.
C. Office Manger Discussions:
1. ZBA Appointments: Mr. Shields made the motion to appoint Dwight Venell to the Zoning Board of Appeals until
Mr. Shields made the motion to appoint Shirley Levesque to the Zoning Board of Appeals until
2. ZBA Hearing Notice: Mrs. Roux reported that an Administrative Appeal has been submitted to the Zoning Board by Timothy and Jennifer Dahms relative to property at
3. Estimate for Electrical Work: The CEO is requesting to install a wireless projector on the ceiling in the meeting room of the lower level. The estimate for doing the electrical work for this project is $350. Motion by Mr. Shields, seconded to Mr. Kryzak, to approve $350 to be expended from the Building and Maintenance account for this project. The motion passed 2-0.
4. Building Permit / Sand Salt Update: The appraiser met with the Road Commissioners to finalize the paperwork required by the bank. The CEO reported that no Building Permit Application has been submitted. Mrs. Roux observed that the process should be started in order to avoid delays.
5. Mary Grant Appointments: Motion by Mr. Shields, seconded by Mr. Kryzak, to appoint Jean Achille to the Mary Grant Committee until June 30, 2016. The motion passed 2-0.
6. Ambulance Merge Documents: Mrs. Roux stated that the Treasurer has been contacted by the Billing Company requesting that the Town obtain a State
7. Auditor Letter: Motion by Mr. Kryzak, seconded by Mr. Shields, to sign the letter. The motion passed 2-0 and the documents signed.
8. URIP Application: Motion by Mr. Kryzak, seconded by Mr. Shields, to sign the LRAP application. The motion assed 2-0 and the document signed.
9. 2015-2016 Tax Rate Status / Revenues: Mrs. Roux reported that the Assessor met with the Treasurer and her to review the tax rate calculator. She recapped the report stating that the 2014/15 revenues used to commit taxes were $599,000; the 2015/16 anticipated revenues is $959,000. The town is moving over $200,000 which is an increase of $100,000 over last year and funds will be transferred from the school. Many of the anticipated revenues such as excise taxes, etc. have been increased to a more realistic level. As of April first, the total valuation is $563,608, 550 which is an increase of nearly $1,000,000. Personal Property Tax increased about $30,000. Exemptions increased about $400,000 which also increases the
10. August 20 – Schedule: Mrs. Roux suggested that the Selectmen set the workshop hours at 5:00 p.m., conduct the Special Town Meeting at and then hold an actual Selectmen’s meeting at 7:30 to set the tax rate on August 20th.
11. Request for Information: The Office Manager explained to the Selectmen that in processing the Request for Information submitted by Mrs. Crockett relative to expenses incurred in developing the Resource Protection articles, figuring the hours spent based on salary has become complicated. She asked for direction on how to address this request. Mr. Kryzak responded that she should provide copies of invoices and reply to the request for staff time spent that staff hours occurred during normal course of business, therefore, actual figures are unavailable.
Mrs. Roux presented a second Request for Information for approval and signature. The request, submitted by Attorney James Shirley, who is representing the applicants in a Zoning Board of Appeals application, is to provide the dates when eight sections of the Zoning Ordinance were first enacted and, if amended, the date of any such amendments and provide the original language and the amended language. Because this request is relative to a pending appeal, Mr. Morin as the Town’s attorney will be notified. Motion by Mr. Kryzak, seconded by Mr. Shields, to approve and sign the request and delegate it to Ken Paul.
12. Protection One Ryder: Motion by Mr. Kryzak seconded by Mr. Shields, to approve and sign the ryder relative to work to be done on the security system as approved at the Meeting of
13. SASSM email: Sexual Assault Response Services of Southern Maine is offering resources to the community that would include an advocate, posters, website links, etc. Mrs. Roux explained that currently there are no links on the website that are not actual town links. Mr. Kryzak requested that the Office Manager contact the SASSM advocate and set up an introductory meeting at one of the regular Board of Selectmen Meetings.
15. Fairpoint Contract: Motion by Mr. Kryzak, seconded by Mr. Shields, to sign the contract as approved at the meeting of
4. OLD BUSINESS: none
6. OTHER BUSINESS: 7. ANNOUCEMENTS:
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Jennifer Roux, Ken Paul, Eric, Chip Venell, Dick Neal, Dennis Long, Dale Barrows
10. ADJOURNMENT: Motion by Mr. Kryzak, seconded by Mr. Shields, to adjourn at The motion passed 2-0.